today and for the future.
Did You Know?
About Our Homework Clubs
Macaulay’s Homework Clubs provide an opportunity for children to achieve their greatest potential both socially and academically. We offer a unique blend of physical activity, academic and social support to over 100 school-age children annually.
Macaulay’s Homework Clubs operate out of 4 schools with 6 Homework Club groups in total serving approximately 20 students in each. Each location operates 3 days per week. The program runs for 3 hours each program day throughout the school year.
Who can attend our program?
- School-age children (grades 3 and 4)
- Our program is FREE
- Easily accessible locations within Toronto’s designated high priority neighbourhoods
What do Homework Clubs offer?
- Life skills to enable students to make healthy lifestyle choices and develop increased confidence and social skills
- Daily vigorous physical activity
- Individual and small group assistance to complete homework and learn academic skills
- Nutritious snack
- Safe after-school environments
Why join our Club?
- Research tells us that children who regularly participate in high quality after school programs over the course of several years are more likely to complete their homework, achieve higher grades and experience lower dropout rates
- 85-90 per cent of children who attend our program agree the Homework Club offers the help they need to do better in school
- 98 per cent of parents told us their children were more motivated to do well in school since attending these programs
- School principals report a marked improvement in the academic performance and social interaction of students who attend our program
To find a Homework Club location, click here.