today and for the future.
Did You Know?
Early Years Centres (OEYC and Family Resource Centres)
Click here to Find an OEYC/ Family Resource Centre
Macaulay’s OEYCs and FRPs promote healthy child development while strengthening the parent-child relationship and enhancing parent confidence in their role. Here are a few important things to know about these centres:
- Children 0-6 with parents/caregiver
- Macaulay’s Early Years Centres are located in various neighbourhoods in West Toronto and offer drop-in programs, parenting workshops, and special programming
- Activities are age, developmentally and culturally appropriate
- Macaulay has experienced staff and professionals who ensure that all children can participate in programs
- Early learning includes “learn through play” environments
- All Programs are FREE
Children from infancy to 6 years develop social, communication and early literacy skills that are associated with success in school and in life. Children with special challenges can be identified and supported to participate fully in the program and helped to access specialized services in the community, if needed.
Parents and caregivers learn about their child’s growth and development, meet other parents/caregivers, share parenting experiences with professional staff and find out about other community services. Parent education workshops, guest speakers and individual consultations provide information about child development to parents and caregivers on a regular basis.
For a list of programs offered, please click here.