today and for the future.
Did You Know?
Licensed Child Care Centres
About our Centres
Macaulay Child Care Centres offer stimulating, high quality care and education to 500 children aged 6 months to 12 years old. Qualified staff members encourage children to develop language and literacy skills, problem-solving skills, creativity, independence and a positive sense of self worth.
Why Choose Macaulay’s Child Care Centres?
- Experienced, professional staff. Each centre is staffed with registered early childhood educators. Special supports are in place to enable children with special needs to fully participate.
- Leading child care practices. Proven curriculum and well-researched programs promote children’s development in all areas.
- Fresh, healthy food. Two nutritious snacks and a mid-day meal are served to children in our full-day programs. We provide individualized menus for infants and accommodate children with food allergies and sensitivities.
- Strong Focus on Optimal Development. Macaulay Child Care Centres are fun and rich learning environments for children. They are well-equipped with educational toys and games and older children access computers with educational software that promote early literacy skills. All playground facilities meet strict government standards.
- Individualized attention. Early childhood educators systematically observe each child in their respective program and then develop activity plans to further individual development. If a child demonstrates a special need in any area of development, individualized plans are put in place and specialized resources are accessed as needed.
- Ongoing rigorous evaluation. Our programs undergo regular internal and external reviews. They consistently meet and exceed all requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act and the City of Toronto’s Operating Criteria.